On this very special day, we’re not going to try and convince you that we’re perfect, nobody is.
But we’re strongly committed to doing our best for Mother Earth every day and at every level of Cohabs.
1. Coliving is, by definition, more sustainable
By sharing resources instead of living in individual studios or apartments, our members drastically decrease their carbon footprint.
2. We don’t build new houses, we renovate old ones
The CO2 impact of a renovation is lower than building a house from scratch.
3. We install solar panels on as many houses as possible
So far, 9 of our houses in Brussels produce their own electricity!
4. Most of our furniture is up-cycled or bought second-hand
We love giving a second life to objects and furniture! And it’s a great way to decorate our homes in a more sustainable way.
5. We organize green workshops and challenges with our members
Because being more sustainable is a group effort.
We do our best when renovating our houses, but what really makes the difference is how our members actually live in them.
6. We monitor our water and electricity consumption
We’ve partnered with Shayp and installed their smart device on our water meters to detect leaks remotely.
We also use water-saving showerheads, temperature controllers, and motion sensor detectors for the lights.
7. We support projects that reduce carbon emissions
We offset our CO2 footprint by supporting three projects with the highest levels of environmental positive impact and integrity.